16 December 2013

Much-Delayed November Favorites!



Yes, yes, I know, it's been awhile! Work has been eating up ninety percent of my time with the other ten percent going towards sleeping and trying to get everything done before Christmas. Excuses, excuses, yes, it's true, but I'm here now with my very belated and few November favorites!



First up I have this gorgeous foundation that I'd been wanting to try for ages. The Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place makeup lives up to every tiny bit of hype it's been given, I promise. I'm really bad because a couple of times I've gotten home from work and fallen asleep with my makeup on, but with this stuff even when I sleep it doesn't come off on my pillow or anything! So though it's not good that I fall asleep with my makeup on, it is a nice test of the stay-in-place claim. It's also really light on my skin; it doesn't feel cakey or thick and doesn't look it, either. My favorite part, though, is that there are shades for just about every skin tone. The classic Double Wear line is divided by cool, neutral, and warm undertones (as are many of the Estee Lauder foundations) so I have a perfect match in 1N1 Ivory Nude. It's just what I've been looking for in a foundation and I'm so glad I invested in it.



Next I have three eyeshadows by Clinique. French Vanilla, At Dusk, and Olive in My Martini are sold individually as part of their All About Shadow singles line but I was lucky enough to try them all together as they were included in a gift with purchase back in October. They are so, so gorgeous and velvety while still being long-lasting and super pigmented. I wore them quite a bit in November because they make such a nice, quick neutral eye look. I sweep French Vanilla all over my lid and blend At Dusk into my crease, then blend a touch of Olive in my Martini into my outer crease and corner. I've since picked up a whole palette of shadows from Clinique and am just as pleased with them as I am with these. I've definitely found a new eyeshadow obsession.



As a lip product addict, finding something that completely knocks you out is amazing. I've found that in the Revlon Colorstay Matte Balms - literally a holy grail lip product. They are so pigmented and moisturizing but they're matte. Matte but moisturizing!!! I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone when I wear them, I swear. The color range is absolutely amazing - I own five and I don't think I have anything in the same colors anywhere in my very extensive collection. My favorites are Standout, a deep red perfect for the holiday season, and Elusive, a pretty neutral pink for simple days. They've both gotten me loads and loads of compliments at work and have earned me shocked looks when I tell them they're drugstore products. It really goes to show that you can find amazing products at any price!



Now, a post of mine would not really be a post of mine if I didn't include a Butter London nail polish, right? Of course not. This month I was really into blue polishes, especially sparkly Scouse. It's so pretty and had been on my wishlist for awhile, so picking it up was a no-brainer. It's more of a blurple than a straight up blue but ugh, it lasted so long on my nails and was so beautiful - it'll be on my nails again before winter is out, that's for sure.



For non-beauty favorites, November was all about Midnight Memories by One Direction. That can't be a surprise to anyone, right? It's really such a fantastic album all-around and gave us an idea of what the future for the boys will be like. First of all, my loves Louis and Liam wrote the majority of the songs which is so exciting for them and for us because it's more personal. Then there's the difference in the sound even from Take Me Home to now; going from Up All Night to Midnight Memories is almost jarring. My favorite tracks are definitely "Happily", "Alive", and "Strong". And probably "Through the Dark". And maybe all of them, oops.


That's it for my November favorites! Not too much but they truly truly are favorites. I would've been an absolute mess without them this month. I hope you had a wonderful November and are having an even better holiday season - it's my favorite time of year. :)

As always, thanks for reading and I love you!

x Kristin

2 comments:

  1. You're a blurple.

    Don't talk about Liam and Louis on your big girl blog.

    Give me everything. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I am a Disco Biscuit and you're a blurple.

      I'm going to talk about Liam and Louis everywhere for the rest of my life. I'm going to tell our great-great-grandchildren the story of Liam and Louis.

      I'm on it babe. x

      Delete