07 July 2014

Return of the Blogger + What's In My Summer Bag

Hi, friends.

It's been quite some time. Meep.

I wish I had some good excuses, but honestly I don't think there's such a thing as good excuses. I will say this: I kind of lost my vision for this blog when I got my new job, because I found that once I started working for a specific line, I was only wearing products from that line. I narrowed myself down and I didn't want this blog to look like a walking advertisement. It's not! I like variety in my products, I promise. It's just the new job thing, I swear.

Now I've been at that job for six months (tomorrow!) and I'm back, baby - broadening my makeup horizons and being good about this blog. If I'm not, feel free to hunt me down, okay?

As I'm writing this I'm getting ready to take a trip tomorrow; the girlfriend and I are headed down to New Jersey for three days and I'm attempting to condense. This included my handbag, as I carry a massive, gorgeous Kate Spade tote most of the time and that's not exactly practical for travel. Therefore, I give you...



YES.

This is actually my favorite kind of post to do - I'm so freaking nosy about what's in other people's bags, honestly, and for some reason I think people are just as interested as what's in my bag. Whatever, I LOVE IT.

The bag I'm planning on using is my Steve Madden Bkenzy Crossbody. I got it on sale back in Marcy and haven't hesitated about my love for it since. It's so perfect as it prevents me from overstuffing; the only thing is it doesn't fit my massive planner, but that's okay - in situations where I need it (mostly work) I can just carry it in.



See? Crazy spacious. I basically fit everything from my tote in it - which is a lot - so let's begin.



Starting top left and going clockwise, we have where my keys would normally be, on my Vineyard Vines lanyard. I do take my keys off to drive and leave them in the car when I'm at work, so they're currently in my glove compartment as I didn't use them to drive home last night. Irresponsible, I know. It does currently have my car remote, though, as well as a Bath and Body Works Pocketbac in Perfect Beach Day. I'm not sure if it actually smells like a perfect beach day (to me that's like... Coconut sunscreen, salty air and watermelon) but it still is super nice and not too sweet. The last things on there are kind of hard to see but they're a small tube of Origin's Sensory Therapy Peace of Mind On-the-spot relief and a small tube of Make a Difference Rejuvenating hand treatment. Honestly, I mostly got it for the Peace of Mind - when my anxiety flares up I really feel like it makes a difference.

Next up are my headphones, the basic ones you get from Apple when you get an iPhone. I did get a 5s this past month, but I hate the headphones that came with it. These are from my old phone and definitely have been through the ringer. I'm surprised they're still in one piece, though they are incredibly tangled, but that's really a given with headphones I think.

The Victoria's Secret PINK Fresh 'n' Clean hand cream is my go-to when my hands are dry and rough, even if I have the Origins one on hand (ha). I looooove the smell (I know I've talked about it on here before) and the cream is so nice and thick but really absorbs into the skin well. The travel-size is so cute and convenient for my handbag I'm never buying anything else.

My sunglasses are hardly ever in my purse as I tend to leave them laying about in the car and therefore losing them, but when they are they're in this cute Double Eye eyeglasses case by Vera Bradley in the pattern Lilli Bell. I like this way better than a hard case because a) it takes up less space and b) I can put both pairs of glasses in it at once! The flexibility makes it way more convenient. The sunglasses I have in there now are Betsey Johnson wayfarers I bought back in 2010.



In the summer I like to keep a little travel deodorant/anti-perspirant in my purse just because it's a sweaty, smelly time of year. This little Dove one in cool cucumber I picked up at CVS but I'm pretty indiscriminate about my deodorant.

I have my Vera Bradley Zip Around Wallet that I oftentimes carry just on it's own because it's got a handy strap and it is big. I can fit my phone and a lipstick in there in addition to all of my cards and a small tin of Altoids in the change pocket. It, like my umbrella in the next picture, are also in the pattern Lilli Bell. After being caught in the rain one too many times, I make sure to have my umbrella with me because being soggy sucks. The Vera Bradley ones are nice and sturdy so they're perfect for the kind of weather I deal with.

My iPad Mini is probably the best investment I've ever made. I use this way more than my laptop these days as it's much, much easier to just grab the iPad and look things up. I use it at work to compare the company website promotions with our promotions, look up price adjustments, check on products and just kind of surf around if it's really slow. My favorite thing though is the iBooks app where I keep all of my reading. Currently I'm trying to get through the second A Song of Ice and Fire book, A Clash of Kings. And, of course, I keep the screen safe with a SmartCover by Apple.



Everything left in my bag is small and pretty much all beauty related, with the exception of my inhaler (only for emergencies). I have my Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder in Stay Buff for when I am shiny and oily (about ninety percent of the time) and my Sephora Collection Retractable Kabuki Brush in pink for application; my Clinique Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss in Grapefruit; a Hello Kitty Band-Aid; the Clinique Advanced Concealer in Matte Light; my Travalo filled with my favorite perfume, Chloe; the Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Plushest Punch which I've definitely talked about here before as it's my absolute favorite thing ever; and a hair tie. Pretty basic things you'd find in anyones bag - lip products galore, perfume, powder and concealer. The concealer isn't my absolute favorite but it's handy on the go, but the lip gloss is really nice for moisture even if I've been told multiple times that it looks like my lips are dripping wet when I use it. Whatever, it's such nice shine! I love it.

So that about wraps up my Big Blog Comeback - about ten years later, right? Like I said, I love these kinds of posts and would absolutely love to hear what your essentials in your handbag are, whether they're summer essentials or all the time essentials or just things you like to have sometimes. Let me know in the comments below what you're loving!

As always, thanks for reading and I love you very much!

x Kristin


2 comments:

  1. Glad you're back!! I've missed reading your posts. That Lilli Bell pattern is amazing. I want to go out and get those items for myself. Hope to see you post again soon! Have fun on your trip!!

    -Alisha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww hi!!! I miss you ): thank you so much for reading and commenting it means so much to me :) I am actually obsessed with the lilli bell pattern but it's actually already being discontinued so I have no idea what Vera is even up to anymore.

      Also did you delete your twitter? I was looking for you the other day and couldn't find you ):

      Delete