16 March 2014

Pink Hair Don't Care

This is not a picture from Pinterest. It's me!

So you know how I spent like two posts complaining about how I've done nothing with my hair?

The day I got it done, she gave me "bombshell curls" and it was too weird. The lighting also sucks.

In December, I finally got my Jade Thirwall-esque ombre and it was a masterpiece. My friend from work did it for me and it was an absolute steal (always make friends with hairdressers, people) - plus it started a trend at my work for girls getting ombre done. 

I know, I know, I'm such an influential hair person.

Excuse my face but my hair/ombre looks nice, right?

Well. It didn't take long for me to start jonesing for a change. However, I was starting a new job and didn't want to make any waves or get into any trouble, so I just kept it the same even though I was dying for, like, an undercut or some bright color.

Enter my perfect excuse: The Demi Lovato Neon Lights tour. Demi has fun colored hair, right? I totally needed to do fun colored hair.

Except - then I waffled about it, and then I got home from work late the night before we left for the concert and I was too tired to do it, but THEN. I needed it. I needed it more than I needed any other thing I thought I needed ever (except coffee), so Caitlin and I made a trip to Sally's and bought some pink hair color (as well as some purple and teal; we tried the teal in Caitlin's hair but it just left a greenish tint as she has relatively dark hair - much darker than mine).

The finished product for the concert! Ain't it something?

Now, this isn't my first time with pink hair. One could say I'm, like, intermediate levels with putting pink in my hair. The first time - I forgot to get gloves to put on the color, so I resorted to putting my hands in plastic sandwich baggies which is not convenient! So that's always the first thing I remember now. I also found that it's super helpful to wear a trash bag so you're not getting the color all over your clothes or body (it's also nice if you wash it off in the shower because if you hold out the bag while you rinse you can angle it right into the drain and not all over your shower!). 

Those first two times I used Punky Colors in Flamingo Pink and this last time I used Beyond the Zone in Bubblehead Pink. Overall I like the Punky Colors a whole lot more; it works as a conditioner as well as a color so it's kind of nice, considering my ends are bleached and that's where I'm putting the color. I also found in the past it lasted a lot longer than this color has - I did it a little over a week ago and I'm already due for a touch up. The color was also a lot more vibrant overall. However Beyond the Zone was a whole lot cheaper (we bought three bottles for twelve bucks or so), so if you're looking for something really noncommittal, I'd try the Beyond the Zone. What I'm really anxious to get my hands on is the Manic Panic Cotton Candy. Hello, vibrant!

No matter what I use, though, I really think pink hair is going to become my trademark. Well - that and a bow to match.

As always, thanks for reading and I love you very much!

x Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment