20 December 2013

New Product: Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation



Hi everyone! I picked up a new product on my break at work yesterday (the downside to working in a mall, I swear) and was super excited to share it with you guys. I'm a huge fan of the Rimmel Stay Matte powder so when I saw this foundation I picked it up immediately - though I did waver on whether or not I needed another foundation, as I just bought the Estee Lauder Double Wear not too long ago.

Well, this might replace it as a day to day, if I can get the color to work.



The website describes the foundation as "a feather light, oil free formula with an airy mousse texture that won’t feel heavy or greasy". On first impressions, that's a really good description. It's thick enough to provide medium coverage while not being too heavy on the skin. A little bit goes a long way; I used way too much so I blended it out with a makeup sponge which also helped to take off the excess product. It covered up my blemishes on my chin and the redness around my nose with very little fuss and that's what I really like in a foundation - no fuss. The texture was definitely a mousse and it took all the shine out of my skin, so it really did exactly as described both on the website and on the packaging. We'll see how it goes after repeated uses and I'll give an update.

The only problem I immediately had with it is the color. There are only eight shades in the range, and, by default, I went for the lightest one, 010 Light Porcelain. I did flip flop between that and Light Ivory and I really should've gone for the Light Ivory. Porcelain is a little too pink and I feel like you can see where I blended it into my neck in the natural light.



My skin isn't quite yellow-toned, but it's enough of a difference I think. It's nothing I can't work with but be advised that the shade selection is pretty limited so be wary about what you pick!!! Don't do what I do; trust your gut instinct. :) 

Overall, I think it's really worth the $5.99-ish price tag, especially if you do have problems with oil. I'll definitely be bringing it with me for family Christmas festivities over my fancy higher end foundation. I purchased mine in CVS from a Stay Matte-specific display, but I can't find them anywhere online, so keep an eye out!! There was also a coupon with them so even better, right?

As always, thanks for reading and I love you!

x Kristin

What else I'm wearing: Urban Decay Naked Basics (Foxy and Naked 2), Urban Decay Naked Basics 24/7 Double Ended Glide-On Eye Pencil (Crave on upper lashes, Venus on waterline), Maybelline The Falsies Flared Mascara (black), Rimmel London Professional Eyebrow Pencil (Hazel), Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue (Soothing Sorbet)

8 comments:

  1. Def going to look into it once my foundation runs out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This also comes in 081 Fair Ivory which has more of a neutral undertone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes i saw it in the store! I don't know why I went for porcelain instead of fair when I'm historically fair. Thanks for the tip!!!

      Delete
  3. I read somewhere that you can "fix" a foundation that is too pink by using a yellow setting powder. If this is pale enough for you but it's just a tad too pink, try using a yellow toned setting powder. Hope that helps you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the tip!!! If this foundation wasn't already so matte I would definitely try that but I'm afraid a setting powder might make it too cakey. I'll experiment with it though :)

      Delete
    2. In that case, you could try mixing in a gold toned illuminator to make it a little more yellow for your skin, and luminous!!

      Delete
    3. That's a great idea!!! Thank you :) today I played around with it and some bronzer and I liked that a whole lot more but I'm definitely going to try using some gold-ish illuminator :)

      Delete