14 January 2015

Holy Grail Status: Melted Lipsticks?



I absolutely need to talk about these liquid lipsticks.

I know, lipsticks shouldn't be melted, right? That's totally a weird thing. At least, it was to me when the craze started. I think I first tried the Rimmel Show-Off lacquers (better known as the Apocalips) and thought they were okay, despite my very favorite blogger Fleur De Force raving about them. I didn't think they were anything to write home about, liquid lacquer lipsticks in general.

When I came across these babies, though, my lips were singing a different tune.

The Too Faced Melted Liquified Longwear Lipsticks were such a delightful surprise when C and I decided to try them. The shade Melted Fig drew us in; the perfect muted, plummy shade was calling our name as the perfect shade for fall. It's not necessarily what I would've chosen - if you've been following me on any platform for any period of time, you know the pinker and brighter the better for me - but it was pretty enough that I didn't mind committing to it. Even if I didn't love the product, it was definitely a C color.



I did love the product. I loved it a lot. I didn't get a ton of wear out of it (like I said, not my color, but also not the company I was working for at the time) but I loved how light it was on my lips and how once it set, the color stayed forever. I loved how it smelled (sweet, but not overly so and the scent faded after application) and how it applied (smooth with crazy pigment). Most importantly, I loved the shade range Too Faced offered with the product.

I'd had my eye on the Melted Fuchsia shade because, well, of course I did. It's honestly me in a lipstick tube. The next one I wanted to purchase was either that one or the Melted Peony, as the peony is more of an everyday shade and I really love peonies. I was lucky enough to have the decision made for me because a lovely, sweet friend gave me the Melted Fuchsia for Christmas!



Obviously next is going to be Melted Peony (it's my new job present to myself), but I absolutely know I'm going to be picking up pretty much the whole line eventually.

I know. I have a problem.

Is there a shade from the range you love? Or a lipstick brand you're particularly feeling right now? Let me know - I'm the biggest lipstick junkie and would love to try them!

As always, thanks for reading and I love you very much!
x Kristin

2 comments:

  1. I have melted peony and i love it so much. it's my go-to everyday colour :3 I'm waiting until it's warmer out to grab the coral one and I can't wait :D

    -alisha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ughhhh I'm so glad you love it it validates my need for it!!!

      Delete