07 January 2015

Review: The Body Shop Tea Tree Flawless BB Cream



Hi everyone! Welcome to my first beauty post of 2015 - hopefully one of at least fifty-two coming your way this year. I'm really excited to be reviewing this product because I'm really excited about the actual product itself!

I tend to struggle with BB creams because they lean more on the moisturizing side, I've found, and I'm an oily skinned girl. I don't need anything that's going to make me oilier - especially being acne-prone.

Then, I stumbled across The Body Shop Tea Tree Flawless BB Cream.

The really cool thing about this BB cream is that it treats blemishes while you're wearing it because it contains tea tree oil - if you couldn't tell by the name. That's kind of a lifesaver for people with skin like mine, even if you're a little bit skeptical about whether or not skincare-based foundations work. The other cool thing is that it's actually meant for oily girls like myself (oftentimes - not always, but oftentimes - oily skin and acne problems do go hand in hand, so that's such an important part of foundations that treat acne). It gives a matte look without being drying, but it doesn't add a ton of moisture either. It wears comfortably and lasts a long time, which I find to be a major plus. I have to wear a primer with pretty much everything and this stays really well without one.




Let's get some of the basics out of the way, shall we? The Body Shop website claims to give "flawless coverage whilst tackling the appearance of blemishes", something I'm not sure it quite lives up to. It gives some coverage, but it's definitely on the more sheer side with buildable coverage. In places where my skin is more problematic I tend to put up to three layers to give the kind of coverage I normally wear and feel comfortable with.




As you can see it does even out my skintone overall but that was with three layers in my t-zone, and you can still see a bit of my problematic areas. The other major issue I find with it is the shade range. It only comes in three options - light (my shade), medium, and dark. I think light is just a tad too dark for me, and I can't imagine that medium and dark will fit all different skin tones to really be a good fit for everyone. 

The formula itself is very thin and runny yet easy to blend and build up. I like using my Real Techniques expert face brush to buff it into my skin to really help get the coverage I like and make my skin look as flawless as possible. It does smell like tea tree oil when you first apply it, but the scent fades almost immediately upon application.

Overall, I like the BB cream for every day wear but I'm not sure if I'll run out and repurchase when I run out. 

Do you have a BB cream you love? Let me know in the comments below!

As always, thanks for reading and I love you very much!

x Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment