01 January 2015

Welcome to 2015!

Hi everyone!

2014 was an interesting year. I had a lot of really big, awesome things happen to me: my lady moved up north to live with me, I got two job promotions (what), and I moved into a fancy new grown up apartment! However, these awesome things were bookended by having to leave my job right before Christmas. Yeah. Yikes. We got through it though and made it to 2015 relatively unscathed which I am so thankful for. It's been really touch and go, honestly. 

I've made a lot of goals for 2015. Some of them are small, like remembering to hang up my coat when I get home, or pretty big, like trying to go back to school this year (!). I thought I'd jot some of them down here to a) hold myself more accountable when I'm feeling a little discouraged and b) maybe inspire someone else to set some goals for themselves too. I'm reall big into goal making but not so much into goal completing so I'm really hoping that 2015 will be the year I actually stick to my guns. 

Without further ado, let's get into some of them!

- Have better money management skills. 

This one is huge for me. I am totally and one hundred percent one of those people who buys unnecessary crap just for the sake of it, and for the first time in my whole life I've found myself with no money in my bank account. I know I'm incredibly lucky that at 23 this is only the first time, but it's also terrifying and so I'm going to do better to budget myself and my spending this year. 

- Take better care of myself and my surroundings. 

I know I'm not the healthiest I could be, and that's part of this goal. Exercise more, cut down on the pizza, eat more veggies... All the usual stuff applies here, but I also mean take care of my stress and anxiety better, which in turn goes to my surroundings. Keeping everything in order at the apartment means i can't just sit around and do nothing; I have to be active to keep on top of it all. That's such a huge thing for me and it's probably going to be my toughest goal for the year. 

- Vary my products more. 

This year I want to try more new things, especially in regards to my cosmetics and skincare. For the past year I've mostly been using the same things over and over again and I want to experiment! I want to create new looks and be an early adopter for new products. I don't want to be stuck in a rut again, and this kind of leads me to my next point. 

- Be more consistent with my blog. 

I love blogging. I love writing and being excited about new products and sharing that excitement with people who come across my little space. I love creating looks for this blog. I genuinely love every aspect of this and I allowed myself to get away from it im 2014, which was such a shame. In 2015 I am so motivated to get a schedule going here and create awesome, consistent content for you guys. 

Those are really my most important goals for the year; they're the ones I'm going to struggle with the most but I have never been more determined to accomplish anything in my whole life. 

I can do it! And I know that you guys can do anything you've set out to do this year too. Feel free to comment below and tell me about your goals for 2015 - like I said above, sometimes posting them where people can see makes you more accountable for them. We'll have a goal club. It'll be fun. :)

As always, thank you for reading and I love you very much!

x Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment